What Is Umbrella Insurance?
The term “umbrella insurance” may sound a bit funny, but it is actually an incredibly important policy, especially if you are someone with a lot to lose or are in need of extra liability coverage. Umbrella insurance, also known as excess liability coverage, is designed to keep you and your valuables protected if ever you reach your auto and homeowner insurance liability limit. Your assets including college funds, retirement savings, and more could be at risk without having umbrella insurance to make sure it stays safe and secure form a serious lawsuit.
What It Covers
- Bodily Injuries – covers cost of medical bills and/or liability claims as a result of injuries from second party member.
- Damage to property – covers cost of damage to property, accidental or otherwise, created by an outside force or member.
- Certain lawsuits – coverage is available for situations such as being sued for slander, libel, false arrest, and more.
- Owners of rental units – helps protect against liability claims as a result of issues created by outside forces or members.
- Defense coverage – covers attorney fees and other legal costs
- Worldwide coverage – coverage for incidents that have happened abroad.
Why You Need Umbrella Insurance
If you are someone who could potentially face serious lawsuits, having the extra protection from umbrella insurance may be the best fit for you. Luckily with umbrella insurance, you don’t have to worry about making too much or too little income to sign up with it. Personal umbrella insurance is for everyone.
After working so hard to maintain your assets, don’t lose them to a lawsuit. Find the right umbrella insurance policy today.
Talk To An Agent
Or call our Bartlett, TN office for immediate assistance.